Application for the Forests and Communities Initiative
Deadline: 30 June 22
The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation is launching a call for projects on forest conservation through the action of indigenous peoples and local communities, launched within the framework of the Forests and Communities Initiative (FCI).
FCI was launched in 2022 by the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, the IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law, the International Federation of Rangers and the Global Forest Coalition, in order to achieve the following overall objective: support the conservation of forest ecosystems through the action of indigenous peoples and local communities (PACL) and develop a support network made up of actors with multidisciplinary skills.
- Promote the training and capacity building of local experts to develop their tools, knowledge and capacities in order to achieve the overall goal of FCI.
- This is a recommendation and not an obligation, projects that do not touch on this subject will also be studied.
Geographic scope: Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, South and Southeast Asia, as well as the Pacific Islands.
- The funding request must relate to activities starting in 2024.
- Any financial support must not exceed 50% of the total project budget.
- The request for support must not concern:
- The regular functioning of organizations,
- Projects carried by one or more natural persons, outside any structure endowed with legal personality,
- Purely commercial projects,
- Projects without other financial partner(s).
- If your project meets the prerequisites, it will be analyzed and selected according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of the information communicated,
- Originality of the approach vis-à-vis the problem addressed,
- Added value, exemplarity and replicability of the project,
- Measurable and concrete aspect of the expected results of the project,
- Viability and sustainability of the project,
- Consultation and involvement of the local populations concerned,
- Quality and strength of partnerships,
- Technical and financial feasibility,
- Skills of project leaders,
- Quality of project management,
- Existence of a project evaluation mechanism,
For more information, visit https://www.fpa2.org/fr/depots/conservation-des-for%C3%AAts-par-l-action-des-communaut%C3%A9s-locales-et-autochtones-01