Careers, Scholarships, Internships – Americans United
Americans United for Separation of Church and State (AU) is looking for a Director of Digital Marketing. This position, which will report to the Director of Digital Communications, will use a data-driven approach to execute the organization’s growing email communications program. Working with the communications and development teams, as well as the program departments, this role will plan, write and execute email campaigns to achieve fundraising, advocacy and organizational goals, as well as than to engage, grow and diversify our supporter base through compensation. and organic growth strategies.
Americans United plays a leading role in national debate on issues that have taken center stage in recent years, including discrimination in the name of religion, LGBTQ rights, reproductive rights, religious freedom, prayer in school and the good ones.
As part of this strategy, the organization is seeking a candidate with fundraising, analytical, and digital nonprofit written communication skills to start and take day-to-day responsibility for our program. of communication by e-mail in full growth. The candidate will also work with the communications team to maximize the impact of a new brand and positioning rolled out in early 2022, developing strategies to reach and educate new target audiences.
The responsibilities of the digital marketing manager include:
- Work with the Director of Digital Communications and Senior Director of Direct Response Marketing to help develop and implement email campaigns that grow the roster, meet or exceed fundraising goals, support initiatives organizations, drive action for advocacy, and optimize performance and user experience, based on data-driven messaging
- Manage the organization-wide email calendar and collaborate with members of the communications team and other departments to create an engaging communications strategy for our digital audience across all platforms, including email, social media, website, earned media and other communication tools.
- Manage project timelines for execution of email communications schedule within internal team and external partners
- Help develop strategies to reach new and diverse audiences
- With the help of senior communications staff, write email content for targeted audiences, quick response and specialized emails
- Cultivating the voice of the AU and the voice of AU staff and messengers
- Ensure email content is creative, inspirational and engaging, including a weekly AU newsletter, organizing and advocacy campaigns and fundraising copy
Oversee internal review routing process and coordinate copy editing
Run email production:
- Configure emails including HTML production and delivery
- Work closely with Design and Creative Manager on graphics and other creative content
- Create online petitions, advocacy actions, signup forms and other landing pages
- Determine audiences and segmentation for email communication
- Manage the quality control process for all mass email communications
- Conduct and report performance analyses:
- Extraction of results and updating of performance monitoring documents
- Identify the most effective strategies and messages
- Update team on metrics and performance during meetings and written narrative
- Other assigned duties
Experience, skills and abilities required
- Minimum of 3-6 years of professional email marketing experience with proven success.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills and strong project management skills required.
- Experience working with a CRM like EveryAction/NGP VAN or similar messaging software required.
- Experience collecting data and using it to make strategic decisions.
- Basic HTML/CSS skills required.
- Ability to troubleshoot email coding and email marketing software issues.
- Experience working with a defense organization strongly preferred.
- With guidance from senior communications staff, ability to use complex political/legal jargon and convert it into compelling, engaging and straightforward content.
- Ability to plan and manage under tight deadlines with the ability to multi-task and be flexible and efficient in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Ability to manage, collaborate with other departments on multiple projects and work effectively with senior colleagues across the organization.
- Ability to think strategically about overall AU goals and align the email program with those goals.
- Support and passion for issues of separation of church and state with a worldview that aligns with the mission of the AU.
About Americans United for Separation of Church and State
Americans United for Separation of Church and State is a nonpartisan educational and advocacy organization dedicated to advancing the constitutional principle of separation of church and state as the only way to secure freedom of religion, including the right to believe or not to believe, for all of us. Founded in 1947, Americans United is a diverse and dynamic organization made up of people from all walks of life: lawyers and lobbyists, students and activists, religious leaders and passionate Americans. The AU includes people of faith and people who do not profess any particular faith. It is a community that includes and welcomes people of all genders, races, ethnicities, religions or beliefs, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, classes and abilities. We welcome those who will want to help us protect religious freedom for all and protect the separation of church and state, and we recognize that this requires diverse perspectives.
Americans United uses high-impact litigation, powerful lobbying and grassroots advocacy to ensure that:
- Religion does not dictate public policy.
- The government does not tell Americans what to believe or how to practice their faith.
- Discrimination is not justified under the guise of religious beliefs.
Through a strong and diverse national network of supporters, both on the ground and online, the AU champions the separation of church and state and protects religious freedom for all in communities across the country. . Americans United is a 501(c)(3) organization and is headquartered in Washington, DC
Competitive Salary and Generous Benefits: Salary is $60,000-75,000 depending on experience. Americans United offers a comprehensive benefits package including employer-paid premiums for health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability , 401(k) with correspondence and a subsidy for commuters.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested and qualified, along with a resume to [email protected]